POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : My personal wishlist : Re: My personal wishlist Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My personal wishlist
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 25 Feb 2000 18:34:27
Message: <38B711FF.1E959678@peak.edu.ee>
Some wishes arising from my current projects:

Dynamic arrays. In POV, arrays are the best way to acces large datasets, but the
size of the array has to be declared before any data is inserted. The thing is,
you often don't know how much data will be generated. And manually resising a
100,000 element array is inefficient, to say the least.

Better I/O support, such as read/write offset, insertion etc.

Margus